Winning product in dropshipping is the most complicated task in dropshipping. What do you need to sell to make a living online with dropshipping? I’ll show you how to find a winning product and some rules to follow to make your store successful!
Products you absolutely must not market
There are a multitude of products that are bound to fail if you start dropshipping them:
- Products that have been bestsellers for a long time. If you go for example for aliexpress bestsellers for dogs or cats, you will only get crumbs and nothing else! The market is already over-saturated and the most powerful players are still present or have already left.
- Products that are dangerous like essential oils because you don’t know what’s in them. Also, avoid lamps (which can set your client’s house on fire) or of course lighters or weapons… Don’t forget that if something goes wrong, you will be responsible. For this, you need a good professional liability insurance.
- Products that are fragile, made of glass, ceramic or that are too heavy, simply because they can be damaged during transport or because they will be inconvenient to deliver.
- Not to mention branded products, counterfeits or products inspired by movies, cartoons or manga… You need a license to market these products!
How to find a good niche product that sells in dropshipping?
Now you need to ask yourself questions about how to find a good generalist or niche dropshipping product. Your product needs to be able to :
- Solve a problem. No one wants to buy an extra trinket on the internet. Your product must solve a customer’s problem.
- It must also be a product that comes from a passion (guitar holder) or from a daily activity (vacuum cleaner).
- If possible, it must be new, it must be unheard of.
- It must cause a “wow” effect when you see it! The user must think that it is well thought out and so practical!
- This product must allow you to make good margins in dropshipping, around double or triple when you will have removed the advertising, shipping and the cost of the product.
- You must be able to increase the perceived value of this product considerably as I teach you in increased dropshipping.
- If possible, you should have nice visuals available and especially a video! All this, with a fast delivery (not mandatory at the beginning) and a supplier who will respect his commitments.
If your product solves a particular problem, you know that 50% of the work is already done! You can spend a few hours or several days looking for a good product. This is what will make your store successful. If you have several successful products in your store, then you must :
- Advertise on facebook, adwords and work on your natural referencing on these products.
- Maintain your advertising without stopping it, for example in 3X3 or 5X5 with facebook, the principle of putting 3 euros of advertising on 3 days per day or 5 euros per day on 5 days.
- Then look at the data and improve your relevance index on Facebook as much as possible.
- Use the facebook pixel in conversion of add to cart or purchase once you have some numbers, for example 10 add to cart.
- Focus only on interesting ads and cut out all others.
- Then optimize your CPC and ROI/ROA on each ad as much as possible.
Know that if you have an interesting product on a store that does not give confidence, it is perhaps because of the store and not the product that you can not make your turnover take off! Moreover, you have to think about the future of drop shipping. Can these products be negotiated with a wholesaler? In order to have stocks in a warehouse and to brand the products, to decrease the delivery time and to be able to expand to other marketplaces.
Finding suppliers to drop-sell a product is pretty straightforward, but in a competitive industry, you can gain a huge head start by changing your business model and working on wholesale imports. So, I encourage you to find products that are brandable, in order to offer a product with your colors and that you can easily stock.
The wholesale price will be quite different from the unit purchase price, allowing savings of up to 80% in some cases! This is how you have the possibility to look for white label products as soon as you start to have an interesting number of orders and a profitable business. If the products sell, no doubt you will be able to sell even better via facebooks ads and google ads with a branding. Once you have tested and done a market study, go with a Chinese, Asian or European wholesaler. There is no lack of suppliers abroad to have an e-commerce store that offers differentiating products. Ordering from your supplier will be done differently. You will negotiate a wholesale price and a quality carrier like FedExp or Ups will deliver the products where you have placed your stock. I strongly encourage you to work with Amazon FBA which will allow you to manage shipments of all types of products.
Winning Product in Dropshipping: Tools to find winners
- Ecomlad which will provide a list of products every day with audience, sales page and even advertising. To be honest, it’s “big crap”.
- Ecomhunt, which is a similar concept to the previous one to find products.
- JungleScout which is more Amazon oriented.
These tools usually cost around $29 per month. It’s a huge time saver and they maximize your chances of success. I no longer launch any dropshipping online store without using a tool to find products.
You can find multiple suppliers for the same product. The trick is to find the right suppliers who will delight your shippers without scamming. However, Aliexpress allows you to be safe, and in case of problem you can ask for the intervention of the customers service in your customer account. After, there is not only Aliexpress and dropshipping products with high potential are often born from European start-ups. If you look hard enough, you will find French suppliers… These suppliers work mostly with CSV files or in B2b, it’s up to you to find them and adapt your business to offer a nice range of products. This kind of system scares dropshippers, which allows you to have a free hand in finding a supplier who works in this way without necessarily using a plugin.
Your main criteria should remain on the fact that you need to find a product that is profitable and has an audience, even if it is a niche market or a very competitive field. Don’t lose sight of the fact that some products are seasonal and that the market can change! Selling on the internet is the art of generating profits on the internet market!
List of Winning Product in Dropshipping
Here is a list of Winning Product in Dropshipping that you should not use anymore but that can inspire you if you have a general or niche store. These are products that are very well known bestsellers in dropshipping. Of course, they have been sold in mass, I do not recommend to start on them:
- The famous luminous collar for dog in dropshipping. It allows your dog to have a luminous collar that allows him to see in the night so that he avoids being hit by cars.
- The ceramic-based liquid to protect your car. By applying this product, your car will be protected for a while from splashes!
- Anti-theft backpacks with hidden zippers, ideal for travelers and especially on public transport!
- The vacuum cleaner which allows you to clean your floor easily without having to bend down.
- The luminous wave/water projector to be used as a night light for children.
- Scratch off world maps for those who love to travel.
All these products are sellable on woocommerce, shopify, prestashop, whatever the platform. You will always have a tracking number per product to see the routes of the package at the carriers. You will have your own store with a perfect and well worked product. The best suppliers will be those who will allow you to have quality products and the will to continue with you in the launch of your online business. The logistics will be smoother, the merchandise better packaged and the inventory management for your business better established. The more you will progress with your supplier, the more you will have advantages especially on the selling price.
Anyway, don’t start yet another store selling these products or dropshipping watches. Learn quickly how to create a real niche store and federate a community with customers who love your products. You can live very well with about 20 customers per month if you are smart 🙂
What to sell in dropshipping to be profitable in the end?
You’ve already got some great product ideas. But the real secret is to find a market that is willing to buy. If you have a great product but no one really needs it, you won’t be able to sell it and therefore won’t make any money.
Compare dropshipping to surfing. He has to catch the right wave, at the right time and with the right stroke. If you launch great products at the wrong time and with the wrong angle, where your future customers are not, you will not be able to sell.
The secret to success is certainly a good Winning Product in Dropshipping, but also a tempting marketing offer and of course, a market ready to buy. My best advice is that you should first look for a problem to solve. If there is a problem, then you can sell a solution. And everyone wants to solve their problems. So, bamboo glasses are not a solution to a problem, but a product that keeps mosquitoes away is! Use this way of thinking and you will have a winning product.